- AB 540 Students
- Early Outreach and Support Programs
- Educational Opportunity Program
- EOP & SSS Cap and Gown Reservation
- Student Support Services
- TRiO Day
- Upward Bound
- Educational Talent Search
- Early Assessment Program
- College Assistance Migrant Program
- Parent Institute for Quality Education
- Migrant Education Summer Academy
- Early Start Program
What is Upward Bound?
Upward Bound provides fundamental support and motivation to participants in their preparation for college entrance. The program provides opportunities for participants to succeed in pre-college performance and ultimately in higher education pursuits. Upward Bound serves high school students from low-income families and high school students from families in which neither parent holds a bachelor's degree.
What Are Upward Bound Goals?
The goal of Upward Bound is to assist eligible students in their efforts to successfully complete high school and obtain a college education. Upward Bound students participate in a variety of academic year and residential summer school activities at CSU Monterey Bay designed to help them reach their full academic and personal potential. In order to increase the rates at which participants enroll in and graduate from institutions of post secondary education, our Upward Bound projects provide instruction in math, laboratory science, composition, literature, and foreign language in addition to the following services:
What Services Upward Bound Provides?
- Instruction in reading, writing, study skills, and other subjects necessary for success in education beyond high school
- Academic, financial, or personal counseling
- Exposure to academic programs and cultural events
- Tutorial services
- Mentoring programs
- Information on post secondary education opportunities
- Assistance in completing college entrance and financial aid applications
- Assistance in preparing for college entrance and placement exams
- Upward Bound Participants
Upward Bound offers free services to students who meet the following criteria:
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Low-Income and 1st generation College Bound Student Ages 11-18
- G.P.A 2.5 or above
- Completes Application