CSUMB Compass Program
- Important Dates to Remember
- Early Outreach and Support Programs
- Educational Opportunity Program
- CSUMB Compass Program
- TRiO Student Support Services (SSS)
- TRiO Day
- Upward Bound
- Educational Talent Search
- Early Assessment Program
- Parent Institute for Quality Education
- Migrant Education Summer Academy
- Early Start Program
CSUMB recognizes that students that have a foster youth background often have overcome more obstacles, have less support, and fewer resources than most entering students. To help meet these unique needs, the CSUMB Compass Program* was developed. The CSUMB Compass Program is coordinated by Berj Amir, an Equal Opportunity Program (EOP) Retention Advisor, and he is also the advisor for CSUMB former foster youth students. A student does not have to be an EOP student to be a part of the CSUMB Compass Program, however, we strongly encourage entering students with a foster youth background to apply to EOP as most are eligible, and they can take advantage of the unique benefits of EOP.
*Special thank you to Rob Weisskirch & the CSUMB Personal Growth & Council Center for the program name.